Setting up subscription plans
Building a new Subscription Plan.
Your first subscription plan was created during the installation of the Upscribe app. However, you may also want to have other subscription plans available depending on the product, product type, or product collection.
The following steps will walk you through how to create additional subscription plans.
1. Select Subscriptions in the app header.
2. Now select "Create New Plan" button in the upper right hand corner.
3. In the "Your Plan name" section, you can update the Title and Description fields to reflect the new plan you are creating.
Add a name of your choosing in the Monthly Subscription field, or you can leave it as is. Next you can add a description for your plan. These fields are only going to be seen in the Upscribe admin for you to distinguish one plan from the other, the Plan Name will at no point be customer facing.
4. Select the "Subscription Option 1" section to expand the section and view the option details.
Now is your chance to set your Monthly Subscription name. The Monthly Subscription field is a perfect place to let your customers know the timeframe or frequency of the subscription. The Description area is great to share exactly what the customer saves when they choose to subscribe. You'll see a preview of the product page widget on the right side that reflects your changes in real time.
5. Under Discount Settings, update the Discount Amount and Discount Type fields as needed.
The Discount Amount field will only accept numbers, anything else entered will prevent you from saving the plan.
The Discount Type is selected from the drop down menu as seen below.
You can choose a percentage (Percentage), a fixed amount to be deducted from the products list price (Fixed), or set a unique price available only for this subscription plan (Set Price).
6. Under Shipping Frequency, update the Ship Every and Shipping Frequency fields as needed.
The Ship Every field will only accept numbers and the Shipping Frequency options are available in a drop down menu.
You can set the frequency by Days, Weeks, or Months.
Your updates to Subscription Option 1 are reflected immediately in the Preview pane on the right side of the screen.
7. To add more subscription options, click the Add Another Option button near the bottom.
A section labelled Subscription Option 2 will appear. Repeat steps 4 - 8 until all options for your plan are added.
8. Scroll down to the "Select Products For Your Subscription" plan section and click on it to expand. A table of all active products will appear.
9. Use the checkboxes in the first column to select the products for this subscription plan
If a product has multiple variants, all will be grouped and included in the plan by default. To choose individual variants for a plan, select the "Group Product Variant" checkbox. When the checkbox is clear you can see and select individual variants.
10. Click the "Save" button at the bottom when you are done adding products to the plan.